Who We Are?
About Camp Jabez
Camp Jabez on the Cumberland is dedicated to creating spiritual growth, introducing practical life skills, and promoting a positive self esteem in all campers through the use of fun and energetic experiences, dynamic worship and the discovery of God’s Word.
Camp Jabez is focused on building relationships and bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to the hearts of young people. Our program features traditional summer-camp activities with an emphasis on nature, outdoor adventure, horseback riding, noncompetitive sports, and more. The nondenominational Christian atmosphere is appropriate for children and teens from all faiths.
At Camp Jabez we will be focused on bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to the hearts of young people during their time here. We will be conducting week long and multi-week camps with a desire to bring the Christian camp life to Angel Tree kids and underprivileged children through the use of donated scholarships. All children deserve to have the opportunity to experience the joy of Christ. We believe this can be done while having lots of fun. There will be worship services, bible study, and life skills workshops combined with, swimming, crafts, games, sports, and many other fun activities. We plan to hold non-denominational camps open to all youth and the camp will be made available to groups (young and old) from all denominations that would like to hold their own camps and retreats.
As did Jabez of the Bible, ask God to increase his territory and keep him from evil, we at Camp Jabez on the Cumberland are committed to helping young people avoid the evils of today’s world and increase their territory by showing that God’s love and mercy are available to all that ask of Him and any time they need it.
1 Chronicles 4:10 (New King James Version)
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested.
· We believe in the Holy Scriptures, as originally given, to be the verbally inspired Word of God, absolutely authoritative and infallible.
· We believe in one God existing in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
· We believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He then rose from the grave appearing to many before ascending to heaven to reside at the right hand of God and will return to earth again to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
· We believe in the necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone and the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ
· We believe that God created marriage and the family. Marriage is the union of one man and one woman committed to each other unto death (Genesis 2:22-24, Mark 10:6-9). Sexual expression should be held according to traditional biblical standards, including abstaining from sexual relations and unions with anyone outside of marriage as well as with those of the same gender (Matthew 5:32, 1 Corinthians 6:18, Hebrews 13:4, Proverbs 6:32, Romans 1:26-27).
Camp Jabez on the Cumberland has been up and running now for several years. We have done a lot of work making improvements each year. to provide the best facility we can. Our dorm building has a multi-purpose room for meetings, worship and eating area and sleeping upstairs for 64. There is also a cabin that sleeps up to 10. We have recently added a beautiful pool, a giant swing, and ziplines.
We will continue doing improvements to the facility as long as God allows. Over the next few years we would like to improve the infrastructure with additional cabins, road improvements, and more meeting areas.